Apply to be an Accompanying Teacher
Applications for the role of Accompanying Teacher on the 2024 Premier’s Anzac Memorial Scholarship tour are now open.
Eligible NSW History teachers are encouraged to apply for a position to accompany the 2024 Premier’s Anzac Memorial Scholarship Tour in September/October 2024. The Scholarship involves a unique study tour accompanied by a military historian in the 2024 Spring school holidays (from 30 September to 9 October 2024).
Applications close at 11.59pm on Monday, 4 December 2023.
Eligibility criteria for Accompanying Teachers
To be considered for the role of Accompanying Teacher on the 2024 Premier’s Anzac Memorial Scholarship tour, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- be trained and qualified to teach History
- have a Working with Children Check
- be currently teaching in a NSW High School
- be currently teaching Stage 5 and/or 6 History OR have recent (within the past 2 years) experience of teaching Stage 5 and/or 6 History in a NSW High School
- be available to attend a full day pre-tour meeting at the Anzac Memorial in Hyde Park, Sydney on 8 July 2024
- be available to attend the tour in the Term 3 school holidays (from 30 September to 9 October 2024)
How to apply
- Read the Accompanying Teacher Application Guidelines
- Write a cover letter of no more than two A4 pages in length which clearly details how your skills, experience and capabilities are relevant to the role of PAMS Accompanying Teacher and describes the particular expertise they bring to this position. The letter should be addressed to Ms Fabienne Virago, Manager NSW Office for Veterans Affairs and should address the following targeted questions:
- Describe a unit of study that you have developed and implemented in the classroom relating to the Australian war experience for Stage 5 or 6.
- Describe your experience in planning and conducting a successful extended excursion for high school students including as much detail as possible about the excursion and your role in it. For example, itinerary planning and relevance to NSW History syllabus, liaising with providers, risk assessment, supervision, learning support for and pastoral care of students etc.
- Explain how would you use this professional development opportunity to enrich the teaching of Australia’s involvement in the World Wars and other conflicts within and beyond your own school.
PAMS 2024 Application Resources
- Accompanying Teacher Application Guidelines
- Accompanying Teacher Conditions
- School Principal Endorsement Form
- SmartyGrants Technical Assistance
If you have any questions, please contact the NSW Office for Veterans Affairs by emailing PremierScholarship@veterans.nsw.gov.au