Premier’s Anzac Memorial Scholarship (PAMS)
The Premier’s Anzac Memorial Scholarship gives NSW Year 10 and 11 History students the opportunity to travel on a study tour to develop their knowledge and understanding of the history of Australians at war. Accompanied by a military historian the tour includes visits to significant historical sites to learn about and commemorate the service of Australian men and women in the World Wars and other conflicts.
In 2023, the PAMS study tour will visit places in Singapore and Darwin and takes place from 22 September to 4 October.
Applications are now closed.
Will you be a NSW Year 10 or 11 History student in 2024? Register your interest in next year's Scholarship to receive a notification when applications open.
What are the benefits of the Scholarship?
- Unique learning experiences to complement the NSW History Syllabus and enhance and reflect on History studies in the classroom
- Travelling with and learning directly from a military historian and experienced History teachers
- Making friendships with like-minded students from across NSW
- Travelling and discovering new places
- Special behind the scenes and hands-on learning activities
- Meeting and learning from a range of professionals working in history and heritage
What is included in the Scholarship?
- All learning and leisure activities on the tour
- All travel while on the tour e.g. flights, airconditioned coaches, public transport
- All meals including breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner
- All accommodation (usually in hotels or motels and shared with other scholars in twin or triple rooms)
- Uniforms to wear on the tour
What will you experience on the tour?
The tour is designed to pack in as much as possible into the time available. Activities begin after breakfast and continue into the evening, with downtime built in to ensure everyone can rest and recharge. Some things you can expect based on previous PAMS tours are:
- Hands-on learning activities such as working with primary sources from significant collections
- Guided walking tours of significant sites including heritage buildings and fortifications, cemeteries, museums, and memorials
- City, bush and beach walks
- Fun activities such as movie nights, games, sports, swimming, and physical challenges such as cave tours and ziplining
- Group debriefs each evening to reflect on the day’s experiences and learnings
If you have any questions, please contact the OVA by emailing PremierScholarship@veterans.nsw.gov.au